Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
MedHelp's "Hacking Health" Hackathon
Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM - Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, United States
Have an idea about disrupting the health industry? Or what about a better way to lose weight? Or are you just interested in hanging out and hacking on something awesome?
MedHelp's "Hacking Health" Hackathon is an event to bring the brightest, most creative hackers in the area together to build health-related apps to help make the world a better, healthier place to live. Compete for prizes (better than an iPod), eat free food, and drink all you can while meeting new people and working with new technologies to help you build and deploy your apps in no time. MedHelp will also be introducing the MedHelp hAPI Platform to help developers store and retrieve health data seamlessly.
As the largest most complex industry in the U.S., healthcare as we know it is in dire need for disruption - can you build something badass?
- Designers are highly encouraged to attend.
- Teams of up to 4 people (can have more but only getting up to 4 prizes per team)
- We'll be beefing up our WiFi access point so you'll be good
- Support staff from MedHelp and our other API sponsors will be in attendance to help with technical issues
- We will suggest APIs to be used during the event though you may use anything you'd like
- Come with your own team or find new friends during the happy hour on Friday night or during the event
- All intellectual property created remains with the teams.
- Use the MedHelp HAPI platform for health data storage
- 6:30pm: Arrive early and get free stuff
- 7pm- 7:15pm: Kickoff presentation
- 7:15pm - 9:00pm: Idea generation/pitches and informal team forming
- 10:00am: Doors open
- 11:00am: Registration
- 12:00pm - 12:15pm: Kickoff presentation / Hackathon guidelines
- 12:15pm - 12:45pm: Partner presentations
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Lunch
- 2:30pm: Hacking begins / More pitches and team forming
- 7pm: Dinner is served / includes beer+wine+soda+water
- 9:30 pm: Snacks laid out
- 12pm – 1 pm: Lunch served
- 1:00pm: Hack demo signup begins
- 2:30pm: Hacking ends/hack demo signup ends
- 3:00pm – 3:30 pm: Hack Demos
- 4pm: Prizes/awards & closing remarks
- Ross Fubini - Partner, Canaan Partners. Previously co-founded Cubetree, acquired by SuccessFactors where he served as VP. Prior to that, Sr. Director of Engineering at Symantec. Advisor Kapor Capital/Palantir Technologies. Investor.
- Chris Hogg - CEO/Co-Founder at 100Plus. Previously, Director of Commercial Strategy at Gilead Sciences. Guest lecturer at Stanford University and speaker at TEDx Silicon Valley.
- Khaled Hassounah - CTO, MedHelp. Previously, Director of Middle East and Africa at One Laptop Per Child. Director of Engineering/Founding Team member at IMLogic (acquired by Symantec).
- Innovation / ambition - 20%
- User interface / user Experience - 20%
- Overall quality - 20%
- Quality of pitch / impact - 20%
- Use of presented technologies - 20%
- FoodEssentials - a young and vibrant company developing best of breed technologies to solve problems related to food label data for consumers, manufacturers, retailers, and the government.
When & Where
Rails/iPhone hacker with an affinity to board sports an obsession with spam musubi and an unhealthy addiction to making things awesome.